Monday, September 23, 2013

It's Fall, Y'all!

Calvin at the pumpkin patch last fall!
It is officially fall! I've had my pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks to celebrate the occasion. I also have a menu plan fit for the season! We did quite well again this week, sticking with our menu options. I did end up making cheeseburgers, but that was when I realized that it was a very special day and they were quite appropriate.

In this upcoming week, I will try to keep this habit going. I've not assigned days to any of my meals, because I'm not quite sure how the week is going to play out. I do know that we had homemade sub sandwiches last night and we will likely be going out for sushi tonight (possibly with my parents). As for the rest of the week? Here are our options:

Roasted pork tenderloin
apple and sage stuffing
broccoli/peas

Cancakes!
sausage links
fruit or apple sauce

Taco bowls (think Chipotle)
tortilla chips
*this isn't Charlie's favorite thing, so I may make him a burger or something else yummy

Open-faced roast beef sandwiches
mashed potatoes
carrots/kale or spinach

Hotdogs (all natural and all beef)
baked beans
smiley fries/sweet potato tots

Roasted chicken
rice and gravy
delicata squash/something relatively healthy the boys will eat

Other things that will hopefully get made:
applesauce (from the 50 pounds of apples my Momma and I picked)
apple muffins
cupcakes
9-inch round cake (to freeze for cake balls later this month)
rice krispie treats
bread
pierogi (to freeze)
biscuits (also to freeze)

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me this week! But a good portion of this is prep and stocking the freezer for the coming weeks. Calvin and I have yet to make it to that butcher shop that I've been wanting to check out, so that is on the agenda this week too!

What are y'all having this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!