Monday, January 31, 2011

Doot do-doot do do...

Not much to report, currently. I'm still waiting to hear back from the bakery- still holding out hope for that job opportunity. Beyond that, I will continue on in the hunt for gainful employment. It's proving difficult, but I won't give up. Someone out there wants to hire me. They just haven't met me yet.

Oh! Howie and I have started recording The Geeky Gourmet again. We're a bit out of sync, but a little practice will get us right back in to a rhythm. Unfortunately, Howie is having serious issues with his sound/recording equipment or possibly something else entirely. He's going to have to rewire his entire office tonight and hopefully fix the problem. With that said, we have yet to complete a new installment of our show. HOWEVER! Once his computer issues are resolved, we'll be back!

My apologies for not having anything fun or exciting to report. I will have something a bit more stimulating to write about next time, because I'm going on another wonderful adventure in the world of pasta making tonight! It is my intention to create delicious, homemade ravioli and marinara. I'll let you know just how delicious (or disastrous) this all turns out.

Elle

________________________________________________

Elle's Adventures in Dining out (or eating in)

Central, South Carolina (another for the locals)
Taco Loco
This small, unassuming "dive" is located in an old strip mall. You most likely would not even notice it if someone didn't make you aware of it's presence next to the Dollar General. The owners are originally from California and they've brought with them some of the best burritos I've ever had. Of course it helps that they make their own tortillas and sauces in-house. Everything is fresh and cooked to order. If you want something a little different, try a torta- a Mexican sub sandwich. You'll love every bite!
Price range: $5 to $10
Dine in, carry out



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!