Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Happy National Nut Day!

Ahahahaha! Yeah, okay. I can't keep that up without making some juvenile joke about nuts, so I'll just say that this is actually a thing and you can read about it here if you'd like- National Nut Day 2013. If there is a national day of something, I'll find it. But I can't guarantee to take it seriously or not giggle profusely. Which I still am, by the way.

Onward! I'm about 2 days late posting our meal plan, so I'll tell you what we've already had as well as what I still have planned out. As usual, I don't assign a day to each meal because life is crazy and I'm not about to make it any more so by making fresh pasta on a day where everything has gone wrong. That's just...nuts. *snerk*



Our menu:
Fancy schmancy grilled cheese sandwiches
Oven fries
Fresh fruit

Apple-cinnamon pancakes
Bacon
Fresh fruit

BBQ shredded beef (made in the slow cooker)
Homemade mac'n'cheese
Corn/carrots/broccoli

Pasta with homemade alfredo sauce
Sauteed chicken
Salads/wilted arugula

Cheeseburgers
Sweet potato fries
Baked beans/veggie sticks/fresh fruit

Chicken tacos
Pinto/black beans
Guacamole

Other things that need to be made this week:
Regular loaf bread and soft rolls
24 red velvet cupcakes with white chocolate tiara thingies (library function)
Rice krispies treats, Halloween edition
Halloween cookies

What are you having this week?
______________________________________________________

In other news, I have 3 posts that I'm researching for and am in the process of writing. I'd like the have at least 2, if not all, written and posted by Sunday. But we'll see. The topics are cornbread, pumpkin pie, and apple sauce pancakes. If any of those things interest you, please keep checking back with me as I'll have some recipes to share that I hope you'll enjoy.

And now, I leave you with this: The most hilarious creep in the world. And you're gonna love his nuts.

Photo credit: http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/05/studies-continue-to-say-nuts-are-good-for-you.html [This is also a great article, not just a pretty picture.]


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!