Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Geeky Gourmet Update

If you happen to listen to the show, I'm sure you've noticed we haven't posted a new show in quite some time. We haven't given up on the project and I really hope no one has given up on us. We've taken a bit of a hiatus. There are a few reasons we haven't recorded another show recently and I just wanted to let you all know what was going on.

  • Howie has been utterly exhausted with life lately. To be honest with you, I'm not sure what exactly has been going on. I just know that he is usually very good at juggling a lot of things in his life at once and right now, he's just really tired. No shame or blame there.

  • Our schedules haven't matched up well. Between Howie's work schedule, my school schedule, and our other various commitments, we've not been able to find a time to record that really works well for both of us.

  • My life hasn't necessarily been boring. Charlie and I have had company from out of town, then we went out of town to visit his family. We got engaged! Finals are coming up soon. My family has had various surgeries and travels. There seems to be a lot going on.

We are also going to change our format a little. Instead of pushing to do a show once a week, we are going to try 2 a month until we can get into a better routine. I'd rather give our listeners really good quality shows a little less often than mediocre shows more often. Other than that, we'll still be talking about great things and being silly! It's what we're good at :)

We're at 199 followers on Facebook, which is amazing. I'm excited to know that almost 200 people have heard of us in one way or another. We'd still like people to follow us on twitter if they are so inclined: http://twitter.com/geekygourmet. And if you have any holiday recipes, show ideas, questions, comments...anything (except spam), I would really love it if you e-mailed us at thegeekygourmet@gmail.com

The next show I hope to record sometime very soon. During the last show, we said we would be talking about tomatoes in our next episode. I had a change of heart and the next show will be about apples. Then to follow that we will hopefully be talking about cookbooks and kitchen gadgets. Please keep an eye out for the next show and keep listening!

Thank you all so much. We'll be back as soon as we can.

<3 Elle (and Howie, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!