Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Shocked and humbled


It's been 4 days since The Geeky Gourmet made it's debut. We now have 145 people who "like" us on Facebook and we've seen nearly 100 unique IP addresses download the show. That means that at least 145 people know we exist and almost 100 people have listened to some part of our show. Those are very exciting numbers! You'd think that those facts would inflate my ego. However, it's very humbling to know that many people care about me and Howie and what we're doing. The support from everyone is such a blessing. This gives me motivation to make improvements where needed, always keep our listeners interested, and to not let y'all down.

This experience has been a lot of fun. The facts that we come across through research, the funny blogs we read, or the things I see that inspire me...it's all such a pleasure! I'm even enjoying learning about the recording and radio business. And when we're actually recording the show? It's a blast! I couldn't ask for a better co-host (or producer). With that said, I'll admit that it is a bit of work. While I can honestly say I know a lot of this off the top of my head, I do want to be sure I get my facts straight before I claim to be "the expert" and tell our listeners all about it. I try to make sure I'm not leading anyone astray. There is lots of research done. There's also a good bit of planning involved.

The best part, for me, is sharing my passion with others. I love to cook and bake and basically be immersed in the culinary world. If I didn't I wouldn't have this blog and I certainly wouldn't be making this show. My personal goal for The Geeky Gourmet is to share the knowledge I have about one of the greatest passions in my life. If you're interested in something, you generally want to learn more about it, right? I want to help people with that. If you are interested in something that I know lots about, I'd love to share what I know with you. And if I don't know so much, then I'd like to learn more about it myself!

I have a good many things left to learn. I hope that I never stop learning, actually. And I'll always be able to make improvements. That is the case in many aspects of my life and career. My cooking skills and the food I create can always be made better. My relationships with friends and family can always be made just a little bit stronger. There will always be room for improvement in our show. The important thing is to have a strong foundation. And that's what I/we have. Now it's time to start moving forward and adding on to what we've already got.

I'm extremely proud of Howie and myself and the show we're producing. I appreciate all the support and feedback. It means more to me than I can convey in writing. I hope that you'll all keep reading, keep listening, and keep learning.

<3 Elle

P.S. We now have a gmail account! If you've got a recipe you'd like to submit, a story to share, or if you just want to say "Hi!", write us at thegeekygourmet@gmail.com. And as always, you can find us on our Facebook or Twitter pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!